Arc System Works just announced Code Shifter, a 2D action platformer coming to PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, and Steam in Q1 2020. The game features charming 8-bit style pixel
& sprites, and
features a robust crossover roster of playable characters from a variety of franchises, including: Guilty Gear, BlazBlue, River City, and Double Dragon. In addition to a single player story mode where you can unlock new characters, Code Shifter
features a 4-player "free-for-all" battle mode. Code Shifter will also include an exciting remixed soundtrack with a variety of popular character & game themes. Below, check out the first official screenshots, announce trailer and press release from Arc System Works!
Rolling Hills Estates, California – Jan. 9, 2020 – Arc System Works America, Inc. is proud to announce that action platformer, Code Shifter will be released on PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One and Steam (PC) in Q1 of 2020.
In Code Shifter, you play role of Stella, a game developer at the "Awesome Rainbow Corp" who is tasked with squashing the remaining bugs on the eve of the company’s biggest game release. As she scrambles to fix the game, mysterious errors in the program suddenly appear and time
is running out to finish the game in time! To deal with the situation, Stella, whips up a debug program: “Code Shifter”, that allows her digital avatar “Sera” to eradicate the issues from within. Along the way, she’ll encounter powerful bugs and anomalies but she’ll get some help from some unexpected allies each with their own
special powers. Will Stella and her coworkers be able to find the origin of these bugs and deliver the game before the launch date?
Key Features Include:
- Iconic Arc System Works characters remixed in 8-bit pixel art, including Guilty Gear, BlazBlue, the River City series and more!
- Utilize a whopping 100 characters to successfully overcome deadly obstacles and enemies to ship the game in time!
- The soundtrack features 8-bit renditions of popular character themes like “Give Me a Break” (Sol Badguy’s Theme), Bullet Dance (Noel Vermillion’s Theme) and more!
- By defeating the bosses of each stage Sera is rewarded with new costumes that gives her different powers when equipped.
- The “COLORFUL FIGHTERS” game mode is a brawler mini-game that allows up to 4 players to duke it out in a free-for-all!
- Fight against other CPU controlled characters in the Ex Stages of the main story to unlock more playable characters!
For more information visit the official game page
Stay right here on FightersGeneration.com for more Arc System Works news!